I'm Shanni Owner Of MOMPOWEREDDREAMS.COM. http://mompowereddreams.com Which Launched 5/18/08

I Do Have A Question For You All. I Have An Issue With Inactive Member Accounts. My TE Is Not Even A Month Old (Almost) And Is Still Working Out The Bugs But I'm Getting There. But I Have A Few People Who Have Joined And I Don't Know How To Encourage Them To Activate Effectively Without Sounding Rude. They Join, They Verify But They Don't Surf To Activate And Don't Start Using The Exchange. They're Just Sitting There In My Members List And Some Now Are Listed As Suspended. I Know It Happens To Every Exchange Even The Best Of Them, But It Drives Me Up The Wall! I Almost Want To Send Out An Email To My Inactive Members Asking "Why Bother Joining If You Aren't Going To Use It?" I Almost Want To Post A Note On My Sign Up Page (But I Won't) Please Don't Bother Joining If You're Never Going To Use It. I Wouldn't Put That Up Ever But It Just Drives Me Crazy To Be Exited About New Members Just To Have Them Not Do Anything. I Think On Monday I'm Going To Send Out A Friendly But To The Point Notice To Inactive Members Letting Them Know Their Account Is In Jeopardy And If They Want To Keep Their Account To Login & Activate To Use It. Thoughts Anyone?