IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How Do I Change The Images And Logo On My Site?, A quick tutorial on changing the basic images on your site
Martyn
post Jul 10 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #1

WSF Commander

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Although a WalkerSoftware website is easily customised the intuitive design is very popular and the new owner is keen to get their logo and banner uploaded as fast as they can so they can get started promoting and making money (which could then go towards paying a professional to give the site a unique design).

Logo

The logo is a GIF image and located at [ROOT] /images/logo.gif. You have some flexibility over the size of the logo but you should not make it any larger than 468 x 60 pixels (the standard banner size). Often a small size can look more attractive.

Banner

The banner is a GIF image and located at [ROOT] /images/banner.gif. There is NO flexibility over the size for the standard banner which must be exactly 468 x 60 pixels in size otherwise some banner exchange programs will reject it or it will not display correctly (in which case earned or paid for credits will be wasted).

[ROOT] = the root directory of your server, for example wwwroot, public_html, public_root etc depending on your operating system and setup.

How do I make a banner or logo GIF image?

You can either have a go yourself or if you are like me and hate everything to do with deisgning graphics employ someone to do it for you. If you prefer the latter post a request in the General Discussion forum as there are a one or two folks on the board who will be happy to help (for a small professional fee). Also check out the Interesting & Free Stuff forum for some ideas on free graphics packages.

How do I upload the files once I have them?

Once you have your replacement logo.gif and banner.gif images you can upload them to the [ROOT] /images folder using FTP. If you do not have an FTP program you can download one free from one of the following websites:

www.download.com
www.tucows.com
www.coffeecup.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
icanor
post Jul 10 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #2

WSF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 397

Hi:
I found a place for free banners:
http://www.animationonline.com/cgi-bin/PPCacgi

Israel
Clickercoop.com

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Jul 12 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #3

WSF Commander

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (icanor @ Jul 10 2006, 11:53 AM) *
Hi:
I found a place for free banners:
http://www.animationonline.com/cgi-bin/PPCacgi

Israel
Clickercoop.com

Cool cool.gif Thanks Israel, I'll go add that to the freebies forum smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:24 PM